Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Nag champoo and conditioner

My mom is running out of shampoo, so it is the duty of her dear, alchemist daughter to remedy the situation!

I came up with a formula similar to the rhubarb shampoo I made for myself, but increased the amounts of glycerin, dimethicone, and cyclomethicone a bit to account for her thick, dry hair. I also left out the sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate and replaced it with a blend of sodium lauryl sulfoacetate and disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, two gentle surfactants. Otherwise I used the same ingredients.

Of course I fragranced it with nag champa, and for fun I coloured it green.

Then I made her a matching conditioner. I used 4% BTMS-50 along with some cetyl alcohol for slip and the synergistic magic it does with the BTMS, and some cetrimonium chloride for detangling. I added some other non-oil goodies like glycerin, panthenol, and hydrolyzed oats. I didn't want to make it too thick or heavy, since I know my mom doesn't like to wash her hair every day and I didn't want her to get greasy too quick. Since it's a matching pair to the shampoo, it is also green and smells like nag champa.

I hope she likes them! I know she likes that I called it nag champoo, because she is a word nerd. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment