Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Polysorbate-80 micellar water

The one solubilizing surfactant I own that I haven't tried in a micellar water yet: polysorbate-80.

I've continued on with my stripped down testing method, making the micellar water with just distilled water, 1% surfactant, and preservative.

Maybe 1% surfactant is not enough, or maybe polysorbate-80 is just a sticky one, but my skin feels moist and not terribly clean after using this product. I must say that it is a good-looking product though, making a nice, clear solution.

I have to say, so far I prefer polysorbate-20 and PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil to the others I've tried. But... I just ordered some PEG-6 capric/caprylic triglyceride from Lotioncrafter (why they've trade-named it SurfPro CC-6, I'll never understand, it makes it so hard to find). This surfactant is the one used in the celebrated Bioderma Sensibio/Crealine, so I have high expectations even though I haven't tried the original. (Hint: Watch for a Sensibio dupe attempt coming up once I receive my ingredients!)

No comments:

Post a Comment