Thursday, August 11, 2016

Linen spray

So this one is not really a cosmetic, but it would be if I sprayed it on my body instead of on my sheets! It's got the same ingredients as if I were to make a scented body spray (minus any nice things I might add, like aloe or panthenol).

It is crazy-simple to make, just four ingredients: fragrance, solubilizer, water, and preservative!

My recipe was as follows:

1% fragrance oil
1% solubilizer (I used polysorbate-20)
q.s. preservative (I used Optiphen Plus, since it's not going on my skin... my skin doesn't like Optiphen Plus, and I have a bunch of it that needs to get used up somehow.)
q.s. distilled water to 100%

Mix and pour into a spray bottle.

That's it.

I scented mine with a clone of Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bath fragrance from Indigo Scents. It's more lavender-y than I was hoping, although it could be totally true to the North American version of the fragrance, which I'm not familiar with. I was hoping it would be a dupe for some Johnson's baby talco para antes de dormir (bedtime baby powder, for those who don't read Spanish), that I brought home from South America, which I love the scent of. It's not that similar, really. The South American stuff definitely contains lavender, but is also a bit... fruity? It's hard to place, but it's lovely.

It's funny how scents vary internationally. Even the original Dove bar has a different fragrance for markets outside of North America, although I know from experience the European and South American versions smell the same. Personally, I prefer the North American version, as I'm a fan of powdery smells, but the international version is similarly clean, mild, and soapy smelling. I've found the international version of the Dove in dollar stores here in Canada... some wayward imports, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment