Thursday, September 1, 2016

Pining for the fizzy fjords

I want to make bath bombs! I definitely have ingredients to do it, so I should probably just use what I have instead of visiting every supplier's website and making ever-expanding shopping carts.... I also don't know why I have a sudden bath bomb obsession, especially since I've never actually used one. I made a trail bomb a few months ago in the peak of summer's humidity. I had to aim a fan at it for 24 or 48 hours as it was drying out so that the water vapour in the air wouldn't set off the fizzing reaction! I set it off on the floor of my shower some days later to try it out. It was scented with spearmint essential oil and was uncoloured.

I kinda want to try making pretty ones. I have concentrated lab colours that that should work in bath bombs, and dog knows I have fragrance oils! Maybe that will have to be a project for tonight, or for the upcoming alchemy weekend I'll be having while my husband is away visiting friends south of the border. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment