Monday, August 15, 2016

Micellar water update

So, I picked up a couple little travel-sized bottles of Bioderma Sensibio, since it is the gold standard of micellar waters, in order to have a reference point of what a commercial product is like when I am formulating. Wow, it's really nice! I could totally get over my squickiness about a leave-on surfactant product if it feels like that does... at least for one cleanse a day. I've got my benchmark!

Of all the formulas I've tried so far, I think the polysorbate-20 feels the most similar to the Bioderma, though I want to try that one again with a non-Optiphen preservative.

I also have grand plans for my micellar water recipes, and I haven't even got my PEG-6 caprylic/capric glycerides surfactant yet! I picked up some rose water and some orange blossom water from the international foods section of a local grocery store and I think I'll try to include them in some recipes. I'm so excited! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment